Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sick on my First day!

My first day of travel...was tough! It was hard saying good bye to my family and friends but especially to my mom and dad. (MISS YOU!!!) Another downer is that I caught a head cold. It's the worst being sick and trying to sleep on a plane. Well its 10:41 AM here in Leiden, Netherlands and I arrived at 7:15 this morning. I have a nice studio loft dorm room/apartment. I do not have a shower or sink in my room I have to share the facilities with BOTH women and men...yeah co-ed really happens in college just in other countries. I am completely exhausted and I know I shouldnt sleep but I need a slight nap just to get this headache to leave behind my eyes. Its 32 degree F here and it was snowing when I arrived but it has stopped now. On my way in from Amsterdam to Leiden it was pitch black so I didn't see much of the city but I did see many cars (traffic jams almost reminded me of New York City) and bikes...lots and lots of bikes. On a side note when I got into the taxi it was a mercedes benz and also techno music was playing found that pretty interesting. Well I am beat I am going to curl up in my tiny loft and take a nap. Until I write again...Dag! (goodbye in dutch) (I will post photos later in the slid show that plays on my right corner of my page. If you click on it I believe is will become bigger and play like a slide show.)

1 comment:

bux11 said...

I can't believe this is actually happening!! You are going to have the time of your life over there and all of us on this side of your life will be thinking and praying for you constantly!!
You are my best friend and I love you more than life!!
I will keep you updated on the oh-so-exciting happenings at Avila.

I love you very much and miss you like crazy.
Always and forever,
Em #1